3 Replies

It is common for babies to spit up or vomit milk after feeding, and there can be several reasons for this. It could be due to overfeeding, gas, or digestion issues. When a baby pukes milk after every feed despite being burped, it might indicate that they are being overfed. Overfeeding can lead to regurgitation of milk as the baby's stomach might not be able to handle the excess milk. Gas or digestion issues can also cause discomfort and lead to spitting up. To address this issue, you can try feeding your baby in an upright position, ensuring they are not overfed, and burping them frequently during and after feeds. It's essential to observe your baby's cues and feeding patterns to prevent overfeeding. You can also consult with a pediatrician to rule out any underlying medical conditions causing the excessive spitting up. Remember, it's important to stay calm and patient as dealing with baby puking can be distressing. Your breast milk is not going to waste; it is still providing valuable nutrition to your baby even if they spit up some. If you continue to be concerned or if the issue persists, seeking advice from a healthcare provider is advisable. https://invl.io/cll6she

It’s normal to spit milk every feed especially the newborn phase, as long as it is not forceful projectile and baby looks contented after each feed. Remember to burp 2-3x during each feed and put baby upright or straighten his back after feed. Don’t put him down immediately. The whole process will take approx. 30 mins to an hour each time. Happened to my baby as well but as he grows his stomach will be able to accommodate the volume better.

I am facing this as well.. not sure why baby has been puking milk even though we have burped baby 😢 I don’t know if I have overfed my baby or baby is having colic issue 😫

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles