should I take aspirins?

hi,my doctor suggest me to take aspirins till I give birth but I don't want to take,is it ok? he say I have to take cause my 1st baby is below 2.5kg...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I can feel you. My doc also prescribed me with aspirin as I had high blood pressure everytime I went for my appts. Also, I developed preeclampsia post-delivery for my firstborn. Low-dose Aspirin is safe for pregnancies to prevent blood clotting and the onset of preeclampsia. But once you start, you must continue until quite late into pregnancy. If you don’t, you might risk insufficient blood flow and oxygen to your baby. I’ve been taking it since Week 15 and I’m now Week 18. The recommended period to start is in 2nd trimester and before Week 16 if I’m not wrong. Please re-confirm with your doc. And ask what are the risks if you don’t want to take aspirin.

Read more

There should be a valid reason why he asked you to take aspirin. For me, i took it since week 13 all the way to week 36, 2 weeks before i delivered. Reason being was i had high risk of preeclampsia, and low dose aspirin helps to prevent blot clotting hence reduce the risk of preeclampsia. I took it for the safety of myself and my baby, and i delivered to healthy baby. You may want to discuss another option with your doctor if you do not wish to take it, he may be able to prescribe something else for you.

Read more

There’s a reason why the doc ask you to take aspirin. I took aspirin since wk16 to when I deliver as I’m at high risk of pre eclampsia. Aspirin helps to delay or avoid pre eclampsia. I eventually develop pre eclampsia at wk34 but I’m Still thankful I had aspirin, if not who knows I will have to give birth at trimester 2. Speak to ur gynae to weigh the pros and cons. My colleague had aspirin too and didn’t develop pre eclampsia and have a healthy baby. Pls, seek medical advice

Read more
Super Mum

Aspirin in small doses have been prescribed by gynaes for various reasons. It’s not a proven method but also there is no proven issues. I think you should raise this with your gynae instead of asking on a forum.

same me I start to take when I was in my early pregnancy due to high risk high blood pressure doctor worried might have blood clot..try talk to ur doctor if these any other options..tc

hi, I just saw Dr today. hospital appt is on May. estimated will be 13 wks by then. is it too late for the first appt?