Do you only feed fish to your child if filleted? What other fish recipe can we prepare?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Easy salmon and spring vegetable pasta A healthy family dinner, in less than 10 minutes... Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Easy This is the kind of meal we love – throw everything in a pan and hey presto! A healthy family dinner, in less than ten minutes. You can add a tablespoon of fresh green pesto in place of the lemon if you like, too. Ingredients (serves 4) 300g pasta (such as Farfalle or penne), dried 100g baby carrots (peeled), finely chopped 100g green beans (fresh), halved 2 courgettes, finely chopped 100g peas (frozen) 100g salmon (cooked, flaked) lemon (for its zest), grated 200ml single cream (or you can use crème fraiche) sea salt (to taste) black pepper (freshly ground, to taste) parmesan cheese (to serve), grated Method Take a large pan of water; add a teaspoon of sea salt and bring it to the boil - add the dried pasta, chopped carrots and green beans - cook for five minutes After five minutes, add the chopped courgettes and frozen peas - cook for a further two minutes Take out half a cupful of the pasta water and set to one side Once the pasta has been cooking for seven minutes in total, take off the heat and drain Put the pasta straight back into the pan Add the cup of pasta water you've set aside, the cooked salmon flakes, grated lemon zest and single cream or crème fraiche Season with salt and pepper if you like Stir well and serve with grated parmesan cheese

Read more

You can try making fish tacos or wraps -- that way you can utilise fish fillets if your child only eats it that way but with a twist. You can add vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes to make the wrap/taco a nutritious meal. I personally love making battered fish and potato cakes. You basically mince your cooked fish of choice (I usually use salmon) and mix it with mashed potatoes. You may add other veggies in like chopped peppers or herbs. Shape the batter into mini cakes. Egg wash and batter the cakes. You can lightly pan fry or bake them in the oven. This is the recipe I use: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/538350/salmon-fish-cakes

Read more
Post reply image

You can try incorporating fish into pies and fishes. That way, the fish will be in flakes or small bits and mixed in with other ingredients which will mask the fishy taste if your kids do not particularly enjoy the taste of fish. I personally love salmon quiche and here is a simple recipe you can try: http://www.foodiecrush.com/smoked-salmon-quick-quiche/

Read more

thanks