Porridge recipe please!

Hi mummies, can I have a tried and tested fish porridge recipe?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

fish bone (threadfin/ cod/ salmon) lightly panfry with 1 clove of garlic. pour water into the pot, cook the broth for 45mins. Sieve everything out. And put rice and a few scallops in, continue boiling. Feel free to add some vegetables into the broth to add flavour. (carrot/ pumpkin, broccoli) Within the stash of bones that you just cooked, use your hands to separate bones and meat, and put the meat back into the broth to continue cooking until the porridge is done.

Read more

I normally cook the porridge in fish stock made from boiling fish bones E.g. salmon bones. Then sieve the stock to ensure that there are no bones and proceed to cook the fish porridge with added fish slices. Ginger is optional as some might now like the ginger taste If you want it like congee When the rice and stock is boiling, use a whisk to whisk it till most of the rice is broken up.

Read more
VIP Member

My mum’s recipe. It’s delicious. You can try. Rinse and pat dry fish with paper towels. Combine fish, soy sauce, pepper, and sesame oil in a bowl. In a large pot, rinse rice till water runs clear, about 3 to 4 times, drain. Add smashed ginger and 10 cups (2.4 liters) water to the rice and set it on the stove to boil. Add marinated fish and salt to the porridge.

Read more
VIP Member

Is it for baby? I will usually buy threadfin fish, wash it with salt and pad dry using kitchen towel. Cut the fish into few pieces before keeping. I will fry the fish bone first before using it to cook soup. Will use the soup to cook porridge and add in minced fish meat with minced ginger & carrot. No or little salt if your baby is less than one year old!

Read more

I make porridge as usual, but I use some fish bones to make a stock first. That adds extra nutrition and flavour into the dish. I also add onion carrot and celery into the recipe although my mum's recipe never used that. Then I finish the dish off with flaked cod and chopped spinach. It's super delish, I must say!

Read more

I just stock made from dry scallop and either pork or chicken. Cook the porridge in the stock. Once the porridge is about to be ready, add on finger size threadfin and simmer abit. Once done, mash the fish before serving. Lo is 8 mths old.

Firstly I will use ikan bilis to make the stock. Then use the stock to cook porridge when the porridge is almost done I will add in ginger and the slices fish of my choice. Bring the porridge to boil and ready to be serve.