small repair works at home

Did anyone do a little Reno work or repair work at home during your pregnancy? Will it affects the baby in our tummy? >

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi all, thank you so much for the replies. I told my husband to keep the Reno work to the minimal. So they just took out a few tiles from both toilets to be replaced again, cleaning up the bathrooms as well as redoing some of the tiles groutings. Im currently about 5 to 6 weeks pregnant. So I stayed in our prayers room throughout for today while the Reno work is going on. When the knocking gets a bit noisy, I just put on earpiece in my ear to block off the sounds, so that I can rest. If not, I cant stop thinking negatively, cant stop feeling uneasy whether this will cause harm to your baby. As I read alot of superficial pantang things on how renovation work can affect the baby in your tummy, like disfigured etc. Cant help feeling paranoid and worried about it. Just have to keep fingers crossed that it will be alright. So anyone experienced or been through this before during your pregnancy? How does everything goes?

Read more

My EPDM roof must have a big section cut out to repair water damage (a leak around ac that only showed up recently, must have leaked for some time). I am looking for suggestions as to what liquid roof product to use to do the entire roof over the existing rubber roof as well as the exposed plywood from the repair. I’m leaning toward a system called roof repair burke va but would love to find what others have used with success.

Read more

When it comes to small repair works at home, it's crucial to address them promptly to prevent further damage. Whether it's fixing a leaky faucet or patching up a hole in the wall, attention to detail matters. For roofing repairs in Etobicoke, check out https://www.dvrroofing.ca/etobicoke/ They offer reliable services to keep your home in top shape.

Read more
TapFluencer

Is this a DIY project you're doing yourself? If so, it's best if it doesn't involve climbing ladders and standing in precarious positions 😊 Otherwise Reno work shouldn't impact your baby.

5y ago

Hi! No, not really DIY work. Having contractors in the house to repair some of the tiles in the bathroom and rooms.. Chinese talks about fengshui. Worrying these works will affect the baby in the tummy due to all the sharp tools and knocking...

Think it’s ok . You ll prob notice baby moving a lot due to the noise but that’s it, it won’t harm the baby. Stay away from all the dust though for health reasons.

When hubby was moving the furnitures and fixed up some of the furniture, I went down stairs to have a stroll then he will call me when he is done.

My husband will usually do the job when I am pregnant and asked me to stay away as we are unsure if it might injured me by accident.

Your thoughts are important to your well being. Don't be pantang. In any case, not to do anything that you are not comfortable.

Yes, won't affect, but please do not be involved in the reno work yourself :)

Try to avoid when there is any reno work at home. Is better to play safe!