Dear mommies, any suggestions to speed up the growth of hair so as to have thicker and fuller hair? My girl is turning 3 but her hair hasn't grow much during the years. Tks :(

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Onions! A natural home-made remedy for thick hair: * Onions are rich in sulphur * Sulphur makes the hair follicles regenerate (grow) * Sulphur helps to thicken the hair follicle ("Onions for Healthy Hair and Scalp? | BestFoodFacts.org", 2014) I personally have used this remedy to cleanse my scalp, and I’ve noticed thicker + softer hair. What do I use to make this? * A large red onion (as many as you would like to fully saturate your scalp) * A juicer How do I do this? * Remove the outer layer of onion skin * Juice the onion * Apply to scalp and massage in * Leave it on for 15 minutes * Shampoo twice to try to get rid of the smell * Live with the smell for a day or two * Repeat this treatment 3 times a week * Say ‘hello’ to your healthy hair Reference: Onions for Healthy Hair and Scalp? | BestFoodFacts.org. (2014). Best Food Facts. Retrieved 28 June 2016, from https://www.bestfoodfacts.org/onion-scalp/

Read more
Post reply image

Maintain an adequate, well-balanced diet for your child. This will help ensure she is receiving vitamins, such as antioxidizing vitamins C and E, which protect the hair from sun and environmental damage, and the B vitamins, which promote healthy hair growth and damage repair. 

VIP Member

my friend's mum insisted on using XO on the baby's head to stimulate hair growth when she was younger. not sure if it works but her hair grew out overtime, and genetics play a part too, if one of the parent has fine, thin hair, it would make a difference too.

Try massaging a thin layer of virgin coconut oil on baby's scalp. That usually works for the babies in my family. Nature's Way is a good brand of coconut oil you can try :)

Don't know if all these works but I hear people either shave or put alcohol on them to get it grow.. but my suggestion is just wait for it, they will grow out eventually.

thanks