10 month old rejecting food

Dear fellow mummies, Seeking for advise on my 10m old little one who has been rejecting solids lately. He has been having purée spoon fed since 6m old and was doing very well to finish his food each meal up till about 9.5m old. He used to be able to finish his meal in 10-15min but recently he takes almost 30-40min to finish 70-80% of his meal with lots of squirming/crying/needs a lot of distraction before he is willing to open his mouth for us to feed. When he takes a spoonful, he will keep the food in his mouth and not chew/swallow. I have tried thinner purée and thicker purée and even BLW with steam veggies but all not working. For BLW, he just throws them on the floor. Any advice on how I can get him to enjoy meal time? Sample of his meal plan below. 7am b.milk 190ml 8.30am breakfast (approx 100-120ml baby oatmeal) 11.30am formula/b.milk 180ml 1pm lunch (approx 120-140ml of home cooked baby purée) 3.30pm formula 180ml 5pm dinner (same as lunch) 6.30pm formula 180ml Bedtime 7pm no night feedings #1stimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey hey! Just a suggestion: since baby st this stage really has a lot going on and probably really distracted with all his latest experiences of the environment around him, you could try having him hold the spoon, have bits of food for him to pick up and eat on his own like pasta and pieces of carrots to keep him busy and interested. Also, change up the menu frequently as he could be bored.

Read more