KEEP CRYING

my dau is 28months still in PG. lately she has been crying non stop. at home also crying. i m a single mom. i am really feeling so depressed. i am in mid of settling my divourced. my husband left us 4 years ago.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m sorry mummy that you are going through this. It must be difficult for you but I also believe that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Stay strong and always speak to someone if need to, you are not alone in this. I’m guessing your daughter might be going through the “terrible 2” phase? She just passed the 24 months mark and usually kids this age cry for no apparent reason. They will have meltdowns over the smallest thing like asking them to brush their teeth. They are probably at an age where they feel they should be able to complete certain tasks on their own and when they can’t, they get frustrated. They are unable to communicate their frustration fluently due to their lack of vocab at this stage and also get confused by their own myriad of emotions and usually, they express all these through crying. Just be very patient towards her at this period where she needs you most - give her your assurance, your attention. Just remember, trust your own instinct and sometimes, a Mother really knows best. It’s definitely not easy dealing with so many things alone but sometimes, when you see her smile, you know you can pull through anything and this is all worth it :)

Read more

my heart goes out to you Mommy with what you are going thru...I think your saddness could have an effect on your toddler. kids are very sensitive to their parents' feelings and moods. when I'm sad my son senses it...he may not be able to express his feelings becos of his age, but he feels it. may I encourage you to try to stay positive when you are around your daughter... try to remember the happy things in your life, like the fun and the joy your daughter brought to your life. take care

Read more