Mummy with GD please share the GD diet please? My mum have 3 highs and I'm really trying to avoid it

My daily meal 1. Mon Breakfast: Milk + Bread (char siew bread or red bean bread or sugar roll without dugar coating) then consume orbimin + fish oil Lunch: noodle or rice Tea break: Bread (char siew bread or red bean bread) Dinner: Brown Rice + fish + veggie + soup 2. Tues-Friday Breakfast: Plain Rolled Oats/ Post Great Grains Cereal with Meiji Low Fat Milk , an hour later eat fruits( kiwi or apple or strawberry) + Meiji Crackers or Hup Seng wholemeal crackers + then consume orbimin + fish oil Lunch: Vegetarian Bee hoon or Rice (economical/fish soup/char siew etc) Dinner: Brown Rice + fish + veggie + soup 3. Sat / Sun is my cheat day. I eat anything. I don't take any soft drinks during the pregnancy. I work from home Tues-Thur. I don't have the habit of exercise also, Is this diet OK? Otherwise, can share with me a GD diet or some exercise I can do for a noob?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Agreed with some of the mummies here: - it’s good to have a glucometer to test your blood sugar to find out. I think everyone reacts to sugar differently. - from the list of items you shared, I think prolly too much carbs (esp Monday) and also try to control on weekends. I thought my diet was healthy (most of my meals similar to your dinner), until I found out the glucose spike from the glucometer. The amount of carbs we can eat is really very small (if eating rice / bee hoon, cannot include root vegetables in the meals as they contain lotsa starch). I also have to cut my rice portion to 1/4 bowl in order to maintain the healthy glucose range. Also I noted my glucose level spike above 10 (2hrs after meals) when I take any deep fried food or food with spicy sauce (apparently lotsa sugar added to balance the spicy taste). Generally my diet now is like this (test glucose level right before and 2 hrs after meals): Breakfast - overnight oats (Raw organic rolled oats with yoghurt + milk + fresh food like banana / Blueberries. - obimin + DHA Light morning snack (around 10am, or 2 hrs after breakfast): a glass of sugar free soya milk Lunch: Mixed vegetable rice (when I go to office): make sure rice is only 1/4 rice bowl + protein (chicken) + 2 vegetables (greens, no root vegetables) Light afternoon snack (around 3pm or 2 hours after lunch): fresh fruits / a glass of sugar free mixed grain drink Dinner: home made salad: spinach, egg, avo, chicken breast, almond, dressing: olive oil + balsamic vinegar. Generally, the glucose level can maintain are 4.5-5.5 mmol before meal and 5.5-6.6 mmol 2 hrs after meals. The portion is very important. It’s really about eating small meal and light snacks over 2-3hours. Drink only water, no carbonated drinks or fruit juice (even the fresh fruit juice). Once a while I will cheat abit(but just 1 meal) in a week but I make sure I walk for 10k steps (about 1-1.5 hours walk) after that.

Read more

i want to share to the whole world how Dr Mahlangu the Great of all the Spell Caster, that helped me reunite my marriage back, my Ex Husband broke up with me 3months ago, I have been trying to get him back ever since then, i was worried and so confused because i love him so much. I was really going too much depressed, he left me with my kids and just ignored me constantly. I have begged him for forgiveness through text messages for him to come back home and the kids crying and miss their dad but he wont reply, I wanted him back desperately. we were in a very good couple and yet he just ignores me and get on with his life just like that, so i was looking for help after reading a post of Dr Mahlangu on the internet when i saw a lady name Mary testified that Dr Mahlangu cast a Pure love spell to stop divorce. and i also met with other, it was about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 24 hours at the end of her testimony she dropped his email, I contacted Dr Mahlangu via email and explained my problem to Dr Mahlangu and he told me what went wrong with my husband and how it happen, that he will restored my marriage back, and to my greatest surprise my Ex husband came back to me, and he apologized for his mistake, and for the pain he caused me and my children. Then from that day our marriage is now stronger than how it was before, Dr Mahlangu you’re a real spell caster, you can also get your Ex back and live with him happily: Email him at :[email protected] or Whatassp:+27787390989 Email;[email protected] website :https://www.drmahlangu-home.com/

Read more

How I Got My Husband back... Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly cared about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr. Mahalngu monday can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and I did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. My family is living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr. Mahlangu monday If you have any problem contact him and I guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. you can Email him at :[email protected] or Whatassp:+27787390989 Email; [email protected] website :https://www.drmahlangu-home.com/

Read more

How I Got My Husband back... Am so excited to share my testimony of a real spell caster who brought my husband back to me. My husband and I have been married for about 6 years now. We were happily married with two kids, a boy and a girl. 3 months ago, I started to notice some strange behavior from him and a few weeks later I found out that my husband is seeing someone else. He started coming home late from work, he hardly cared about me or the kids anymore, Sometimes he goes out and doesn't even come back home for about 2-3 days. I did all I could to rectify this problem but all to no avail. I became very worried and needed help. As I was browsing through the Internet one day, I came across a website that suggested that Dr. Mahalngu monday can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships and so on. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and told him my problems and he told me what to do and I did it and he did a spell for me. 48 hours later, my husband came to me and apologized for the wrongs he did and promised never to do it again. Ever since then, everything has returned back to normal. My family is living together happily again.. All thanks to Dr. Mahlangu monday If you have any problem contact him and I guarantee you that he will help you. He will not disappoint you. you can Email him at :[email protected] or Whatassp:+27787390989 Email; [email protected] website :https://www.drmahlangu-home.com/

Read more

REAL AND GENUINE ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO BRING EX LOVER URGENTLY CALL OR WHATSAPP +27787390989. I want to use this opportunity I have to say a big thanks to Dr Great for getting back my ex husband. I’m Linda Gibson from USA, after 7 years of marriage my husband left me for another woman I did whatever I could to get him back but all I did was in vain I was sad, but I didn’t lose hope of getting him back because I had faith in God. So I search online on how to get my husband back, and I came across a post of Dr Great of how he helped a lady to get back her ex, I contacted him and told him the pain I was going through, he told me what to do and I did it, then he casted a love spell for me 48 hours later my husband called me and told me he is sorry for what he did and that he misses me very much, later that day he came back home and beg for my forgiveness, since then our love grew stronger. For the marvelous things Dr Great has done for me it would be unfair for me not to let the whole world know that such a powerful spell caster do live. If you want to get back your ex fast email Dr Great at [email protected] or Whatassp:+27787390989 Email;[email protected] website :https://www.drmahlangu-home.com/

Read more

Hey mummy! I had GD too! My hubs was super strict about my diet. So this is my EVERYDAY MEAL. Super sian but it’s for the baby 🥲🤣 because I had to prick my finger and test for sugar level. Let me share with you my ‘boring ‘meal plan Breakfast - Anmum maternal milk with low sugar - peanut butter with 2 slice of whole grain bread - nuts or banana or apple *I think warm oats with some fruits and peanut butter will be good for breakfast, you’ll feel fuller Lunch and dinner - lots of boiled vegetables like 🥦 🌽🥕🍅🫑 🥬 - carbs like half of 🥔 or 🍠 - and 1 piece of air fry salmon Fruits are my snacks 🍏🍎🍒🍑🍌🍉🍓 but don’t take to much coz they have sugar content too. If you have a sweet tooth like me and craving for bbt , I cut slices of lime and lemon and dump it in my water. So sad I know. Sometimes I will take a sip. So after 1 hr of my meal, I prick my finger, the results will be at least from 4.8 - 5.8. So this is the safe zone. I hope this helps! You can do it mummy!

Read more
1y ago

Ops, you will need the glucometer + lancing device + lancets + test strips (all inside the start set). I think there are different models, the model I m using is Accu-Chek Instant series.

you are probably taking too much carbs and sugar (from the bread, buns and sugar rolls). please take more protein especially for breakfast such as eggs. this will help with your body weight. watch your portions too, follow the healthy plate. protein should be palm sized, vegetables palm sized, rice fist sized, fats thumb sized. As for GD patients, it’s always important to exercise so if you want to prevent it, just start going for walks. time yourself to walk at least 20mins, no need complicated exercises to start. i will time myself 10mins walking out of the house and U-turn for 10mins walk back home.

Read more
VIP Member

Only way to know if your diet is working is by prick finger test. Do you test before and 2 hours after meal? For me I almost turn into keto diet with high amount of protein n vegetables. My frequent diet can also be yongtoufu soup without any mee or rice, will be replaced by tofu and root veg. I cannot take any type of rice. Even so, my carbs portion is a miserable a palm size portion. As for bread,only wholemeal bread doesn't spike my levels.

Read more

I started controlling diet right from very beginning. Act my bfast is mostly bread w egg and has been eating almost everyday till now (wk 29). Red bean bun is actually very high in sugar content. Carbo also is sugar. I think still can have cheat day but not so often. I think eat more healthy protein and vegetables. Fruits actually also has sugar so don’t overtake also. Exercise is important to prevent excessive weight gain :)

Read more

There is no cheat day for GD patients. Everyday need to control intake of sugar. If there is family history, low chance we will not have it. My maternal side had family history of GD and here i am, diagnosed with GD as well. My cousin who dont take sweet drinks during her pregnancy also diagnosed with GD.

Read more