Is it PP anxiety?

Currently we are staying with my husband's grandma while waiting for BTO and his grandma have a helper at home - in which is his aunt who is paying the helper salary. As we move in, she now have to help us to wash clothes n cook for us etc and my husband and I give her extra allowance for that. She is good - can cook, take initiative to do things and always making the house clean. We have a newborn recently and the main caregiver is myself and my husband. We don't get the helper involved as we think that it's not part of her job scope to begin with and even washing of baby bottles, we do it ourselves. I am not sure why I'm super paranoid when helper is around my baby - especially when baby cries, the helper immediately rush to carry her. As much as possible I put baby in living room so grandma can see her actually. I have advice helper to at least monitor the situation first as babies tend to have light sleep and it may just be nightmares and she sometimes would sleep back on her own. By carrying her immediately would disturb baby's sleep. However, she didn't listen and continue doing so. When I want to take back baby, she refused to and say something like "you don't want your mummy is it, why you dont like your mummy" (Makes me speechless zz) Also, she tends to carry baby (baby is in rocker and whimper a little) when she is half way cooking (shirt will be oily) and she tends to put baby on her chest which irks me actually. I am physically there to pat my baby - not sure why she is so anxious..I know she meant good to maybe help me but I can't help but feel annoyed 😢 When I put baby in bedroom, she will also rush in when baby cries, when I'm trying to calm baby down, she carry baby over and take her to the living room.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well it is not PP anxiety, however more to how your grandma's helper listens to instruction and knows her role or her given job scope. Should let say this has been told off, you may wish to let your grandma/aunty/husband speak with her again. Having said that, do lock on your room door to avoid her coming in without permission. Perhaps she might feel the need to help or she feels homesick. Therefore when you stay with your grandma she feels that way. Well maybe that's my POV. If you feel that she is nice and kind and has good communication with you then set the limit to make her understand.

Read more