Activities updated on sparkletots app

A curious random question, pls do not scold or throw hate at me. A genuine question from a first time working mum, who is still new to everthing. My baby just started IFC, sparkletots. And in the app sometimes they would update in portfolio of what your LO did in “moments”. Photos of teacher reading book to them etc. Do they really do the activity (reading, painting etc) or they just do for the sake of photo and done? Cause when i was picking my son from ifc, i saw a teacher taking pic of an infant’s activity, painting bt as soon as theyre done with the pic, they take the brush from the baby’s hand and then put him down from the chair. Like for show?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My child not in Sparkletots but during recent PTC for my #2 at her IFC. Teacher mentioned that they plan activities for two weeks atleast. This activities will consist of social emotional, sensory motor skill and language. They have to ensure the activities are being done for individual kids in order to know if the kids are developing well, progressing well. In other words they are also teaching this skills. They do take photo videos to update parents. But they dont do 100% otherwise it will be deem to some parents as "just showing" Therefore in my #2 portfolio dont have much moments/updates. Sometimes teacher would randomly do it via message or apps. This is to also ensure that the kids would do it without noticing picture/video taken. Meaning it is done not forsake of photo/video. If the kids are not progressing/developing well with this mentioned category, they would pre empt parents during PTC and therefore feedback to each other.

Read more

What do you mean by “just do for the sake of photo”? Like, for show? As a primary school teacher myself, nonono, that’s also a lot of work 🤣 So it doesn’t make much sense. But seriously, there are preschools that do that???

Read more
4mo ago

I think best not to jump to conclusions. What if when u saw it was really the end of the activity so tt's why teacher removed the brush? Baby has short attention span so they can't go on for long. My son's childcare doesn't update me regularly with photos but I do ask abt his progress and I cld see what the teacher says is what I see him able to do too at home so I do know that they do those activities over time to build up his skills.