Pumping during work

Just curious did you inform your superior and colleagues that you need to pump? I only informed my manager and then when I went to take break to pump and come back, one colleague asked me where I went with the tone that I went off to slack. Not obliged to tell her and don’t feel the need to as I’m quite a low key person. Or should I just inform so at least they know I’m not slacking off?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

personally I would inform my team colleague and let my boss know that I do need time to pump during work. at least they would know where I went and not guess? no issues what, better to communicate than hide. not that they would think I'm going to slack but more of like if someone is looking for me when I'm away during work they would know where I went or help cover if it's really urgent...

Read more

didn't even inform my boss, only tell my assistant the rest of the colleagues will 👀whenever I walk out n come back I just don't care 😛cause I'm always the one 1st to report to work n last to leave the office

Read more

I feel like it’s okay to let them know, depending on what industry you’re in, some colleagues (both males and females) are even okay with you pumping at your desk under a cover 😊

No u don’t need to inform anyone (as a courtesy maybe your manager). If you just returned from maternity, any person with common sense will assume u need to pump.

Ya. I do tell my boss im going to pump.. even until now.. but sometimes i walk away wif my laptop n pump then they know alr..