Could share ur baby sleep routine? Trying to sleep train my son. He is almost 8weeks old, waking up to feed once every 2.5-3hours via FM. He cries ferociously each time when he's hungry. How do I stretch his feeds so that he can sleep through the night?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Time your baby's feed time well. Prepare feed 5mints before his feed time and give it while he's sleeping. If u allow your child to keep crying till u attend to hir needs, he may develop emotional issues in the long run. Babies can only express thru crying and yelling that they are uncomfortable. There are 5 things that they cry for. Hunger Thirst Diaper change Stomach cramps Comforting. Each time he cries you have to understand by his pattern what is wrong. If he cries with his feet to his tummy it means it's griping pain in stomach, so give him gripe water, or if he keeps rubbing his ear while crying so it's for ear pain. If u get his feed near his lips and he's hungrily searching for it that means he's hungry or thirsty. With babies there's no set Pathway...you have to adapt according to his needs...hence a simple routine is very necessary...just play some soft music and take him in your arms and move as though you are doing a small slow dance...I'm sure tht should soothe him... sometimes taking them out for a short drive will also soothe them

Read more