Considering to host my baby 100 days at a pinch of salt in Katong. Any review? How's the food?

Post image
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally really like this place, but do remember, it’s only a cafe, don’t take it so seriously :) The colour theme of the cafe has a close resemblance to that of a nursery, very warm, jolly and friendly. It’s one of those places that will make you smile no matter how bad your day was. This is a nice and cosy cafe in the East of Singapore that offers decent food at HUGE portions, and affordable prices. Forget about the hyped-up-and-always-crowded 'Everything with Fries', I'd spend my weekend tea-times here for sure! I had my favourite Chicken Corden-Bleu ($11.90): deep fried chicken breast stuffed with ham and melted cheese – splendid! Hope you have a similar pleasant experience there with your baby's party. I'm sure it'll be a blast.

Read more

Hmmm, small, packed and the food is not worth. Heard need to pay for mini 60 pax for that 3-4 hours of celebration. The food is like fried hotdog, sandwich with egg mayo/tuna (OOS, so fast, mean the portion is too little even they say for 60 pax), fried chicken wing, plain spag. Over all i will say, catering food is nicer than them. Maybe you pay me $200, i can do a better food, but that not the important point, important point is, the food is too little for 60pax, catering got left over, their need to argue that the amount of food they serve is too little. REALLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Cause $1.2k +-, i can book a chalet with catering, i still can decorate nicely.

Read more

Came across this blog entry that provides a good take on the venue to host a party. The blogger celebrated her baby's first year birthday there. She had a pleasant experience when it came to the planning process. Her comment on the food was that presentation was lacking, but no mention of the taste (no complaints though). http://www.dblchin.com/ryleighs-1st-birthday-party-venue/ (for more photo of her party, you can look at this post instead: http://www.dblchin.com/ryleighs-1st-birthday-with-a-pinch-of-salt-party-part-1/) Looks like a cozy place. Think it is worthy of your consideration as a party venue. :)

Read more