Childcare’s

Are you comfortable with your child's day care center? Do you ever drop in unannounced just to check on your son or daughter?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Coming from a early childhood teacher pov, If you want to drop unannounced to check on your child, please pick them up at the same time especially if they already saw you through the window. If not they are just going to cry all the way till you come back (which can be 2-3hrs). Honestly, I feel that nowadays childcare and kindergarten can be trusted as compared to the past as all schools are installed with CCTV unlike the past. All teachers don’t dare to do anything funny, unlike what I’ve seen in the past. If anything happen, parents can always opt to watch the CCTV (depends on school protocol, our school need to pay to view).

Read more

My pick up time for my son is never fixed. So I will pick him up as soon as I end work. Which I think it’s close to unannounced. I will pop by the window to see what he’s up to but it’s been good so far. Plus the windows are full length so any passer by can see if there’s anything amiss. ☺️

yes. i do, not because i do not trust the teachers. just interested to know how is my daughter doing in sch and how is she behaving/is she enjoying.

Not 100% comfortable but got to let go.. And never drop by unannounced but sometimes will pick her up slightly earlier

not 100% comfortable but never visit unannounced