What is your usual first reaction when your child tells you he/she has less than average grades? (If applicable)
What is your usual first reaction when your child tells you he/she has less than average grades? (If applicable)
Voice your Opinion
Commend his/her effort first before anything else
Get angry
Get upset
Feel disappointed
Others (please comment)

554 responses

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The fact that the child is open and willingly approaches their parents is already a very big step forward...acknowledge that and work on the problems together

I will tell my kid to never give up, and that everybody has different strength. Good to be an all rounded, but most important is the learning journey.

I will tell my kid to never give up... it just shows that there are a lot of things that she needs to know about

I will say that it just means that there are work and things that she needs to know. Dont need to be dismayed

I commend my kid for her efforts and appreciate that and then discuss with her that how she can do better

Encourage him if he has put in effort or ask him to learn from his mistakes if he hasn't

Words of affirmation and encouragement is the way to help their morale and motivation

Concerned but find out why and work together to improve It’s harder than it sounds

TapFluencer

We discuss where he has difficulty in and we try to address that fact

VIP Member

Will feel a little disappointed but will still encourage my child (: