Care to share the pros and cons of the carriers that you all having, thanks

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I owned a manduca carrier, lillebaby Airflow complete, baby beanie ring sling and little frog bamboo blend labradorite ring sling. I bought my ssc based on the fact that it provides a good spinal support for the wearer as I have spinal problems. Bought them based on reviews I've researched online. Both carriers are structured to carry infants to toddlers thus the money saved to buy insert or another carrier for a toddler. Ease of breastfeeding in the carrier be it left or right breast with modesty preserved. Both carriers are easy to store away too. My manduca is 100% organic cotton. However it gets unbearable warm for the baby and carrier in our climate. Good if using it in cooler climates. I can switch from carrying infant to toddler pretty easily without much struggle and time. Lillebaby airflow complete is my saviour for our hot and humid climate. Other than I find having the narrow seating inconvenient to change to wide seating or rolling a towel to keep baby's legs at right angle, I'm rather satisfied with the carrier. Dries fast too. Slings are easy to use. Though it is mentioned that it should be used for short duration, I'm comfortable with the weight distribution. I like that baby can side lie in the sling, wear and release baby easily, easy to store away and comfortable. Both slings allow me to breastfeed with ease except that I cannot switch sides easily. Baby beanie ring sling is made of cotton while Little Frog bamboo blend labradorite is a blend of bamboo and cotton. I've fallen head over heels for the bamboo blend cos it's very cooling, easier to manage compared to Baby beanie RS and SSCs and material is so much softer. If there a SSC made of bamboo and mesh, I would be the first in line to grab it. My SSCs are black in colour whereas my Baby beanie RS is in blue with silver reflector strip and colourful rainbow for my Little Frog RS. Before purchasing a carrier, always good to for ergonomic ones for baby and for wearer. I believe a carrier that can provide a good back support for the wearer is equally important as to the child inside the carrier. Spend some time reading reviews. Good carriers may not have colourful and pretty designs if that's what you are looking for. I've tried wraps and no doubt with experience, you are able to wear your child pretty quickly, I'm not suitable due to the pressure of knot on my spine. If you are someone who likes wraps, bamboo blend material will be ideal. Also, good to test out the carrier with your baby before investing in one as not all carrier fits everyone. Lastly, getting a qualified babywearing consultant to help you on your first wearing for wraps and slings would be more ideal then watching videos as they are able to guide you on wearing properly and observe the common mistakes.

Read more

I am using a Tula. It have great support to hold my big baby. The padded shoulder strap helps to cushion the weight. Lesser backache when the weight is distributed nicely. It is also padded at where baby legs rest so that baby legs will not have marks after long time of wearing. Only cons is that it can get hot if not worn inside air conditioned places but there is a new version whereby the panel is meshed so that there will be better airflow to keep baby cooler.

Read more

You may join the Babywearing Singapore group on FB. There's a lot of information under the Files section which I found useful as a beginner previously, including reviews. There're also several certified babywearing consultants and experienced mummies in the group who share their experiences and advice. The sling meets are also good platforms to seek advice and try out various forms of babywearing. :)

Read more
VIP Member

Used both a sling and a ergobaby. Ergobaby is great, really nothing to complain about except the amount of time/acrobatics to wear it properly esp for a less flexible person. Sling is ok, it's convenient and easy but I am always paranoid baby would fall out, and plus it seems it's warm in there and baby might want to have a better view of the world. (That's just me speculating)

Read more

I like my manduca carrier. Pros: baby feel weightless because of super padded shoulder strap. Cons: can be a little hot if it's worn under non air conditioned room.