Can I eat soya products during pregnancy?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As it is for every food product, "Moderation is the key". Soya has been under a lot of noise when it comes to deciding whether it is beneficial during pregnancy. It is a very good source of protein for vegetarian mums as it contains beleaguered legume which is low fat source of protein. But then it also contains isoflavones which mimics estrogen in our body and isnt good for the health of the baby while pregnant. It also contains certain pytic acid which blocks many metals like mercury in our body, this is definitely an advantage but due its blocking ability it also blocks some essential minerals. To prevent this u shud consume tofu instead of soya directly as fermentation helps in the digestion of the nutrients. experts say 1-2 servings of soya daily is fine.

Read more

Soy products is a good source of protein and soy milk is commonly regarded as a source of calcium. I do not think any of my friends restricted their intake of these during their pregnancies and all gave birth to healthy babies. But as with everything related to diet during pregnancy, be sure to take everything in moderation. Keep to a healthy and balanced diet would be the best. :)

Read more
VIP Member

Contrary to people believe.... my family drink soya milk during pregnancy. It's one of food who can help boos breastmilk production.

thanks