New mum with clogged milk ducts. How long does it take to pump and unclogged them?

Breast milk

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! I totally understand the frustration of dealing with clogged milk ducts while trying to breastfeed. It can be really painful and challenging, but don't worry, there are definitely ways to unclog them. Firstly, it's important to keep breastfeeding or pumping regularly to prevent further clogging. You can also try applying a warm compress to the affected area before feeding to help loosen the blockage. Massaging the area while nursing or pumping can also help to clear the duct. In terms of how long it takes to pump and unclog them, it really varies from person to person. Some might find relief after just one session of focused pumping, while others might take a few days of consistent effort. The key is to stay patient and persistent in your efforts to clear the blockage. If you're still struggling, don't hesitate to reach out to a lactation consultant or your healthcare provider for additional support and guidance. They can provide personalized tips and techniques to help you through this challenging time. Remember, you're not alone in this journey, and with the right support and strategies, you can definitely overcome clogged milk ducts. Hang in there, mama, and take care of yourself during this process. You're doing great! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I ownself press the clogs while pumping. Hurt like a bitch but better than paying $200 for some aunty to press for you 😂😂 $200 can do lash extensions and look pretty 🙂🙂🙂

have to press on the clogged areas of the breast (even if it hurts so bad) and pump. I pump over 30 mins until my breast feels soft.

I do lots of hand expression and if it doesn’t work, try to engage a lactation massage. It helps a lot.

Try lecithin, it helps!