Mum dislike and sometimes doesn't allow cooking in the kitchen

Because she said there's clothes hanging on top (HDB flat) and the clothes might catch on the smell of the cooking. But the thing is, my family members only keep the clothes once a week when they do another round of laundry. I just find it ridiculous that cooking isn't allowed 🤷🏻‍♀️ I can't wait to get my own place...anybody have intro of agent or someone that is willing to rent out their apartment? Thanks #1stimemom #randomtalk #havekitchenforwhat #candemolishthekitchenalready

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Youre saying they kept the clothes up there for the rest of the days eventho its dried up until the next laundry? If yes, thats insane. They should make a habit of putting the clothes away after they dried up. If i were you, i would just tell off about how lazy they are and i would just bring down the clothes, place it outside and cook. Cannot cook thn eat what? So much money to order grab or eat outside daily ah? Ask them give you money buy food la 😂

Read more
2y ago

Yeah, the thing is my parents are old alr. So takes time and energy for them to keep the laundry. I can help but heavily pregnant so I try to reduce the workload. My brother is married but lives separately with the wife. He still depends on my parents to do housechores for him. And my mum still pampers him. So is tough. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same like my mom. Same like me. I understand why cause the smell will really stick to the clothes especially when you fry something. And it’s unpleasant to wear something fishy or charred smell. What we do is we’ll bring down the clothes, then put it up again once we’re done cooking. Or put it out the window/living room while you cook.

Read more
2y ago

I did that before, she say the clothes still wet. I say washing machine won't be so wet or it's already dry. What more it's so much work to remove the clothes up and down 🤦🏻‍♀️

Omg my parents are exactly like your mum… don’t allow me to do cooking. Then Want to criticise say idk how to cook because they don’t even like me to be in the kitchen. I still have to wait for 2 more years before I can move into my bto.. really not easy to live with own family after having a family of your own

Read more
2y ago

Yes...that's why I looking into rental apartment or maybe want to make a trip down to HDB and see if they are able to assist 😅