My baby's weight is 7.4kg from march until now... no change at all, but he is so active & moves around so much.. he's turning 9 months in 2 days.. Should I be worried?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

According to the World Health Organization growth charts for children, the average 9-month-old baby boy weighs about 20 lbs (about 9kg). The lower percentile at this age will weight about 16 lbs (about 7.25kg) and a large baby boy, will be about 25 lbs (11.3kg). I reckon as long as your baby is healthy, happy and active, it is fine. Don't worry, Mommy :) http://www.cdc.gov/growthcharts/who_charts.htm

Read more

So long as baby is active, no weight or minimum weight increase is fine unless baby not feeding well. Alternatively, you may wish to chk with the nurses or doctors on this especially if baby is going for the milestone assessment. Personally i feel that this is not too big an issue.

Read more
VIP Member

By 12 months, baby need to be 3 times of his newborn weight will do. Don't worry as 9 months onward, baby will have more solid food to gain some weight too.