My baby doesn’t want me

My baby sleeps a lot during the day. He doesn’t cry that much. But during night time he cries A lot. Most days I’m able to let him sleep without any cries throughout the night. But today he didn’t stop screaming even when I try to comfort him. My mother in law criticises me a lot and so does her daughter. They’ll tell me obvious things and makes me feel I’m not good enough or I don’t know my baby well. She takes him away and tries to prove her point when my baby doesn’t cry. And makes me feel like I don’t know what I’m doing. I don’t sleep at night just so I can make sure he’s absolutely comfortable and don’t need to scream. But at the end of the day this happens. I’m starting to believe my baby doesn’t like me and doesn’t want me. And their words aren’t helping me mentally and I feel broken. it’s just one day out of a week he gets cranky and they’ll make me feel useless as a mother and my baby doesn’t cry when he’s with her. Maybe my baby really doesn’t want me.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please don’t say you feel useless. Always remember, a mother knows best! While advice is always appreciated if they are creating all these negative emotions maybe you should confront them and address this issue. Your baby loves you :)