Hi, my baby is now 6 months old... i started baby led weaning recently . he seems not interested at any finger food that i prepared for him. He just looked at it and didn't touch it . sometimes he just grabbed and thrown it (not even put into his mouth) but he prefered toy into his mouth. i even showed him how to eat ( i ate the same thing i prepared to him). i also fed him with cereal , fruits in the morning ( he didn't refuse but he just ate it) . does it mean he prefers spoon feeding ? many thanks in advance and have a great day ahead ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just like any skill, it will take a good few tries before the baby actually know it's "food" to eat. I tried blw on my girl and I notice she was more receptive to hold certain food - brocolli, zucchini, apple, bread, cauliflower - and less in favour of holding banana, potato, sweet potato (basically she will hold and drop or hold and throw). Not sure if it's the texture or taste. Nevertheless, just continue offering if you would like to head towards blw way. Btw there's a blw fb group you can join to ask questions or pick on recipe ideas. Here's the page https://m.facebook.com/groups/1412241078993710?ref=bookmarks

Read more