How do you keep your baby's diet balanced?

Comment and tell us how you can balance your kid’s diet and get a chance to win a gift pack from Happy Bunch!

How do you keep your baby's diet balanced?
32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

We introduced the kids to our diet early, when they are 1 year old. Morning is default oatmeal porridge with different varieties of fruits, the different fruits increase the sweetness of the oatmeal and we are assured they have their fruits intake daily. Lunch and dinner comes with at least 1 serving of vegetables, and we will guide the kids to eat together with the other ingredients to reduce the 'bitterness' of vegetables. Although resistance is expected, we read books about importance of eating vegetables such as constipation (which ironically is the funny component and the kids can remember easily). For snacks, we tend to focus on sweet potato, corn, baked broccoli and less on bread/biscuits etc.. the kids got used to it and are comfortable with eating them now.

Read more
VIP Member

I have started giving bubsgrain meal for my boy, as they have 10different types of various mixture of super grains to ensure every bite of baby's meal is packed with Protein, Fiber, Iron, Vitamins and minerals included with brown rice. I usually cook with any kind of vegetable available in my fridge and make it like a porridge, I let him eat twice a day and including breast milk and formula milk when ever he feels hungry. Every eveng I make a snack time as I give fresh fruits as he love fruits a lot. So everyday must fruits. For me for my kid every bite matters to make sure he is growing healthy and happy💕

Read more

Some good habits I try to incorporate with my son. 1. Schedule meals and snacks. Children need to eat every three to four hours: three meals, two snacks, and lots of fluids. A good meal doesn't have to be fancy, but it should be balanced: whole-grain bread, rice, or pasta; a fruit or a vegetable; and a protein source like lean meat, cheese, or beans. 2. Don't comment on their eating habits. If we play food enforcer—saying things like "eat your vegetables"— your child will only resist 3. Make healthy food fun

Read more

My 8.5 months old baby gets fruit puree as well as porridge blended with vegetables and meat and topped with whitebait powder for her 2 daily meals. For puree, she has tried avocado, apple, pear, pumpkin, rockmelon, banana, papaya... for her porridge, usually there will be 2 types of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, or pumpkin, carrot, and either chicken or pork, and egg. Whitebait powder is to give her added boost in DHA, calcium and protein.

Read more

I started my little one with cereal puree at 4 months and introduced whole grains soft mixed rice porridge includes protein such as beef/pork/fish and she loves it! Healthy meal options such as boiling, Stew, Steaming, Roasting to retain best vitamins for baby. Healthy snacks would be vegetables puree like pumpkin, fruits and healthy crackers. Mandatory vitamin C and D to include every morning for extra boost needed for body absorption.

Read more

We should know that cultivating healthy eating habits is a life long investment. And as such, one habit that I try to instill in my son is I include my son during the planning and preparation step. He can help pick a new good at the supermarket or measure ingredients. And the 3 main components of our balanced meal incldues 1. fruits and vegetables 2. Legumes, nuts and seeds 3. Grains and starches.

Read more
VIP Member

I keep my kid’s diet to 3 meals plus 1 snack a day and the amount will be tailored to their activities of the day. Besides keeping it to less oil, less fat and less salt as per government recommendation, we mainly cook via steaming and grilled too. We also ensure they eat the same food with adult to ease the cooking and most importantly make them feel they are well supported.

Read more

My son is very picky and we often have challenges for him to try new food. He loves chicken nuggets and what we do is we make either cauliflower or brocolli with chicken to make it into a nuggets. We also make fresh fruit juices at home. In this way I know my son is eating healthy.

VIP Member

Whole-grain breads and cereals for more fiber! Also limit fat intake by avoiding fried foods and choosing healthier cooking methods, such as broiling, roasting, and steaming. I will also limit fast food and low-nutrient snacks, such as chips and candy.

My kids get their protein (eg steam meat/fish), carbohydrates (eg porridge/noodles) and vitamins (eg fruits/ yogurt) at every meal. They also drink formula milk at least twice a day to supplement their diet.