4 months old flu & cough

My baby is currently in IFC and suddenly he develops flu, and coughing. 4 months old. He’s never coughed like this or even had flu before, breaks my heart. Is there anything i should do as theres no medication for small babies. He’s still drinking well and active. Currently just using sterimar spray, nasal suction & iliadin nasal drop. Also garlic balm on his chest, back and bottom of feet #firsttimemom

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My girl had flu at 3 months! Had to go KK because she was drinking less milk. Found to have RSV. There’s not much treatment they can do though. They also gave me Sterimar spray and iliadin drops. Doctor says have to let virus take its course. Only extensive treatment needed if very severe symptoms. My girl recovered about 1.5 weeks from start of first symptom. I spoke to some of my friends, they visited peaditricians from private clinics and they provide more stronger medications even for babies few months old.

Read more
8mo ago

actually RSV is not that serious as my sister kid also has it. more often it's probably due to poor hygiene in your child's daily life at home and school. how often do you clean your house /toys or anything the kid came across?

For flu usually no medication, only those you mentioned. For cough better see a PD, because sometimes we can’t tell if they’re wheezing, they may need additional treatment like nebulizer / inhaler.

it is normal when they are in ifc. fed my boy immguain from Avance to build up immunity when in PG.

My pd also gave the same. Baby needs to sleep and drink more so they can faster recover

brimg him to doctor

Happy noz patch