My baby is coming to 6 months old is having a milk strike for the past 2 days Is it cause of a leap?

My baby is coming to 6 months old is having a milk strike for the past 2 days. Prior to this episode, she has been drinking well. But for the past 2 days, it was a difficult task for us to feed her (managed to make drink 500ml compared to the past of 850ml -900ml) she is bottlefed with EBM. Today she has not drank for close to 10 hours. This is worrying.. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

sounds like teething. the hot milk gonna hurt her. perhaps u can try bringing the temp down slightly and let her drink slower than normal. it's ok to consume slightly lesser than normal during teething. notice her teeth during bathing. hope it helps!

maybe try dream feed? my baby has been on a milk strike since 2 months. totally reject the bottle when she is awake. we have been dream feeding her since then.. she is 5 months + now.

During my time, I put a super little bit of sugar or honey. They might sick n tired of same taste. It works for me.

You might wanna check if she’s teething? Their intake decreases when they are teething due to discomfort.

1y ago

Don’t worry too much on the intake as long as her pee and diaper output is good. This usually last 1-2 weeks for most babies. For EBM, I would recommend to serve as it is without adding anything 😊. But you do you.

I am going through the same currently

1y ago

oh noo.. must be very worrying :( today is the 4th day abd it seems the same. she only drank 300ml yesterday. maybe you can bring your babh got a check? most likely teething. hope your baby is drinking more!