My baby is 8months old. She didnt eat anything. M so frustrated about this. Hardly she eats two times and have only little. What should i do? How many times should i give her food?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Veena does your baby not eat generally or is it only now in the rising heat? i am asking because so many babies are losing their appetite due to the heat. i suggest you give her food in small amounts multiple times through the day. this is a phase that all babies go through, so don't worry. you will have to try and distract her while making her eat. for instance, if she likes to colour or scribble, give her some colours and paper and let her do so, while you feed her. or read out stories to her and feed her, or do so while playing puppets with her. i used to do all of these with my kids and it really helped. if you feel she is not eating more of solids, you can also try giving her smoothies that are nutritious and filling.

Read more
7y ago

now only she is not eating.. For about 2 weeks

Hi, First of all, do not feel frustrated, as this is one of the phases of your child. This will happen every off and on when your baby will behave this way. I suggest, instead of force feeding, give her the things that she likes. If she likes buttermilk, give her that instead of wasting energy in feeding a bowl of rice. Whatever the child eats happily will be many times good for her health than feeding her something when she is crying. http://www.shishuworld.com/food-chart-meal-plan-for-8-months-old-baby/

Read more

Hi, If your baby has started teething then it can be because of this too. Babies lose appetite during teething. But if she generally doesn't eat much then you can try making food trying different recipes. I mean instead of making porridge the way you are making, try making it using someone else's recipe.

Read more
7y ago

I tried many. but not eating. Give me some recipes that can give for 8months old