baby is 3 months old now. how much eye contatct should he be doing. also what sort of things should he be doing by now? Ebm intake and how much should he sleep. my baby often is awake.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

By 3 months, baby would have started to figure out who is who in her life and who is "special" to her i.e. her parents. If you look at her in the eyes, she will react, for example, she might smile. The part of the brain that governs hand-eye coordination and allows your baby to recognise objects is developing rapidly at 3 months and the part of the brain that assists with the senses has also become more active. So when your baby hears your voice, she may look directly at you and start gurgling, or trying to talk back. Sleep wise, her sleeping patterns would hopefully settle down by now. But this differs for different babies. Some can sleep through the night while some might still wake up looking for food every now and then. But as the months progress, rest assured that sleep will get more regular. As for ebm, generally, baby will drink about 4-6 ounces of milk per feeding.

Read more
8y ago

thank you so much Yuna. tou seem to have sound knowledge. Could you please help me further. I have been suspecting smt is off but my hubby shurgged it off saying i was being paranoid. BUt at the dr. this week even he stated. My baby isnt making much eye c