Bean sprout pillow sometimes end up on baby’s face

My baby is 2 months old and the bean sprout pillow somehow helps him sleep better, as he can feel the weight. We usually place on his tummy near chest, as im scared chest is too near to his face or he’ll have difficulty breathing. However, he’s getting more active and always moves his whole body, lift up his leg & butt etc, even when he’s sleeping and theres few times the pillow ends up either near his face or on his face and he would cry. So scary 😣 Any mummies experience same thing? How do i deal with this is i want to continue using the pillow? Or just place only half of the pillow on his body? Need advises pls dont bash me.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same! LO currently 1 month old going to 2 months, always fidgety. just last night she fidgeted and beansprout pillow ended up covering her face, luckily I heard weird noise and immediately got up to remove it. scare me! It’s supposed to help reduce her startle reflex but I'm worried about same thing too We changed the pillow position to vertical instead of horizontal across tummy, Like parallel to her body from chest to leg - like that she didn’t kick the pillow upwards to the face but if she kicked, pillow likely will fall to the side.

Read more

same! LO currently 1 month old going to 2 months, always fidgety. just last night she fidgeted and beansprout pillow ended up covering her face, luckily I heard weird noise and immediately got up to remove it. scare me! It’s supposed to help reduce her startle reflex but I'm worried about same thing too We changed the pillow position to vertical instead of horizontal across tummy, Like parallel to her body from chest to leg - like that she didn’t kick the pillow upwards to the face but if she kicked, pillow likely will fall to the side.

Read more
5mo ago

Ikr! My baby was crying in a weird way my heart almost dropped when i saw the pillow on his face and i was kind of traumatized. Thanks for the tips!

I put it somewhere under the armpits, covering half chest half tummy. My son is turning 4 months so he lifts up his legs alot but the pillow still stays. Make sure the arms are on top of the pillow, not under.

Usually I place it on the lower abdomen and thigh area coz baby also move alot. If put lower down,if move at least the pillow will be at leg or not directly on baby's face. Hopefully it will help you.

I always put below his armpits over his chest. So his arms will “kiap” the pillow.