Mummies my LO is 5mth old. He always like to rub his face until it's red and always end up scratching his own face till bleed. And he often rub on his right ear too. When will his rubbing action ease off or is this something normal?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

is it eczema? you might want to do some research if not go to kk and let a derma doctor see. try to take some pictures. my guess it might be sensitive skin. ny daughter use to have it. we went to dermatologist they recommended QV bath oil and cream (cheaper and effective) no need to buy cetaphil need to be very religiously apply for them. another thing about allegry is it something that he/she is sensitive to. you might want to track also. some baby might be sensitive to milk powder or environment, got to keep clean.

Read more

then possibly might be dry also. oh another thing does he lie on a certain position for long period? that might also be the case. blood flow back when he move so there is a sensation. quite alot of possibilities. if it is not rash. Maybe try apply body cream or aloe vera for him first. see if it helps

Read more

My daughter previously did similar actions. Went to the PD and he said there are dirt/mucus in the nose and babies doesn't know how to get it out so they tend to rub their face. You may want to check your LO's nose when he starts rubbing the next time. :)

There are no rash or marks on his face but he just like to rub.

Thks I will try