At what age do you think Filipino couples should start thinking about starting a family?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I've discussed this with friends of many nationalities and I find that Filipinos' views on marriage and family are the most similar to my culture (Malay). Ideally, we hope to marry in our twenties but these days, alot of us end up marrying closer to our late 20s or early 30s due to a variety of reasons (career, education, stability). At the end of the day, marriage should be something not taken lightly and not to be done out of trends or just because everyone is doing it. As much as it is a matter of the heart, one should proceed with his or head as well.

Magbasa pa

There's no right age I believe, as long as you meet with the right one. Ideally it will be 25-26 yo...so that women can give birth before reach 30yo. That's an ideal case. But more and more couples nowadays prefer to build up their career and enjoy their life by travelling..so statistic is showing marriage has been delay to 29-30 yo.

Magbasa pa

20's. I like the thought that my daughter/son will be able to like the same things I like.

I believe there's no right age for that as long as both of them feels like they can be stable.