How to plan to avoid emergency c sec?

Assuming of cos the baby is in right position, no underlying issues and doctor gives go ahead for natural birth. Oh I’ve low pain tolerance 🥲 and possibly want to choose date of birth I do not want a planned c sec before week 39. So I’ve to lean towards a natural birth. There might be a few scenarios 1. Natural baby comes before week 39 2. Induce, natural or Plan c sec after week 39 before week 40 3. Induce, natural? Plan c sec after week 40 ?? I like option 3 😂 Can you share your experiences on why you needed e c sec even tho doc cleared for natural birth? And at what week? Is it true that once baby poops inside it is confirmed e c sec? Once water bag breaks, can still do c sec?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I opted for c sect cause I know for sure that the process of natural birth is not for me. Did it on week 37 due to the availability of my gynae. Everything went smoothly, didn’t feel a thing when they did the spinal injections. My recovery is good too. No regrets.

6mo ago

I see. I wonder why? I was also 1cm dilated and our gynae picked the date for us 🤣