Natural or C-section

Hi mummies, I’m a first time mom to be in my 35 week. At first I decided to go for natural birth. But recently my gynae held a talk showing the pros and cons of natural. There is a lot more complications compared to C-section. Can mummies share their thoughts? Thank you

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m the opposite. I initially wanted to sleep thru Csect and be done but eventually went for natural and I would totally go for natural again if baby’s position allows. Read up on recovery and pain, natural seems to be better. Healing process is fast, by 1st week I can already walk normally and not like a duck 😂. With the help of painkillers, my wound is also not painful, just that on and off will feel very heavy at the wound area. Natural… at most one tear…. Csect is a few layers. That’s what made me switched to natural. Thankfully my entire birth process was painless (for someone with low pain threshold and afraid of needles) thanks to laughing gas and epidural. But idk about your pregnancy so I can’t advise, it might also be because your gynae is more Csect pro compared to natural. And it might also be because of baby’s position hence your gynae’s advise. My gynae prefers natural birth. In short, I find natural better for my case. No need to worry about the wound as long as I don’t do vigorous exercise or have sex during recovery period. Whereas Csect even when you carry baby have to becareful, move too much also have to becareful etc etc.

Read more

Its ur decision sis. Every decision you make either way will be OK. For me im currently in my 33 weeks with my 2nd. I was diabetic way before 1st pregnancy in 2018 and decided to go for natural birth. Like you they sent me to see a consultant on csect pros and cons as being DM patient am not allowed to go beyond 38 weeks. After all the personal talk about csect, I asked if its safe for me to go for natural birth unless emergency. They allowed it afterall. And it was the best decision I had. Coz for now 2nd pregnancy too they asked my 1st if she was born natural or csect. So when they heard me had a natural birth, they didnt send me to see consultant for csect anymore. I am on insulin 3 times a day and metformin. A Highrisk patient. So yeah, you make the best decision. May you have a smooth delivery sis.

Read more