baby bonus

do you apply before delivery or after delivery ? it stated that you can apply as early as 8 weeks before EDD. if before delivery... what documents do they need ? marriage certificate but no birth certificate yet thou. im confused and it also stated that it will be automatically bank it 7 - 14 days after the application? not when the baby is out meh??

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We applied after baby was born. Unsure of the documents needed though. My husband did everything cause I was too busy with baby. I’m sure they will take 1-2 weeks to bank in. After you applied, they need time to process the application. Also take note, they don’t give you 8k one shot. It will be done in stages.

Read more

U can only apply 8weeks prior to edd if u are married n have marriage cert, otherwise have to wait for baby out n birth cert done then can apply. 7-14 days is AFTER birth cert is done no matter whether u apply before or after baby out

It took a week to create the bank account for the bb but i am not sure why they didn't bank in money into bb account yet. any idea?

They will only disburse it after you have collected the birth certificate 😅

I do it after delivery