No of kids

Anyone wanted more than one kid before giving birth to first kid and then change your mind after your first kid? I feel my husband is not suitable to be a father. He is reluctant to adjust his lifestyle for baby. He is always obsessed with entertainment. Eg watch running man during meals instead of watching baby and interacting with baby while baby eats

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you feel that your husband is not suitable to be a father, my advice is not to have anymore children. My fren’s hubby is as such and I feel that she’s suffering. She has to do everything by herself and the hubby is just “all talk no actions” and still got the cheeks to hiam what the wife did. And also, when you are the only one taking care of the kids more, the kids will be closer to you & only wants you. Hence, the father will then say “the kids only wants u, not me”, hence have more “Reasons” to do his own things. So no. I will stop at 1 if I’m in ur shoe . I feel that both parties should be heavily involved with Parenting & taking care of the children.

Read more
Super Mum

Hi mama, I hear you and I can empathise. It’s not easy to parent alone. May I ask if you’ve tried speaking to him about this? Telling him exactly how you feel and give specific examples. Men can be very practical and factual individuals. He may also feel detached somewhat as dads may feel that baby forms inside mama from the start and they don’t feel like they can be any part of it. If it gets worse, suggest to see a counsellor. Sometimes having a mediator and a third party with an unbiased view helps. You need both of you to raise this child holistically and that’s something he should be aware of. Best wishes to you :)

Read more

Normal I think. My husband is like that also. I didn’t plan on having kids actually, I’m not a kids person. But I do have a son, accidentally. As much as I love my son, I told my husband that I’m pretty much done cause there’s no teamwork, and input from him when it comes to parenting. So, I’m not gonna dig my own grave.

Read more

i think they hv this mindset that if im the one earning and supporting its alr part of responsibility. but eventually tc kids take two hand to clap.. they usually wanna avoid all the "hardship" unless u order them to do so... being a mother is tough...haiz

Im on my second and also changed my mind. My husband thinks getting a helper for me solve everything. He is basically hands OFF my baby and hands 90% off my toddler. His reason is he is busy earning money for all of us. Sigh

why not teach him and train him into doing sth? most guys start out not being very involved. but most slowly learn. if he doesnt improve, why keep him as a husband? especially if you are financially stable?

The husband is poorly brought up by his mom. Both very selfish. Ok should have fled after my first encounter with her. She demanded for handphone n cake for her bday. Lmao

Hang in there mummy!