Anyone tried shopping fresh veggies from Baguio and take home to Manila? How did you handle the goodies and is it worth the hassle?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

This tip was given to my actually by a vendor in Tagaytay: if you want to keep your veggies fresh, especially the leafy ones, buy them in those tiny, disposable pots. During sto-overs, sprinkle a bit of water just to keep them still crunchy. For the crops and other produce, don't worry about them. They can survive the long drive :)

Magbasa pa

Yes you can take home but depends on the veggies..usually "talbos" cannot..but carrots, potatoes, brocolli,cauli..still in good condition i've tried it (and veggies are still fresh when i arrived in laguna) Additional advise is buy the veggies when about to go home to manila..you can consider buying in kennon road area..

Magbasa pa

To be honest, it's no longer worth it to bring veggies from Baguio. In Alabang, you can buy Baguio veggies for cheap prices. 1 head of normal size cabbage and 1 whole pechay baguio for only 10 pesos each. Broccoli is 15 - 20 pesos per head. There are plenty of "sampu-sampu" veggies in Alabang night market.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Hi, Ruby! Once purchased veggies from Baguio before. What I did is I carefully covered each kind using newspapers before putting them to a ratan basket. It somehow kept the veggies fresh even after a long trip to Manila.