Vaginal swab

Hi anyone tried doing vaginal swab before during your prenatal checkup? How’s the process? Is it just a normal swab and we can get the result instantly or the doctor need to get a sample and send to lab and we need to wait before she prescribed with medicines? How much is it? Am in my 2nd trimester. Having increased yellowish vaginal diacharge. Suspect maybe it’s yeast infection or something.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi I recently did it. I actually went AE coz I had some bleeding but they also noticed that I had many discharge so did test to send to lab. I few hrs I guess but my Dr personally informed me when she did her morning round the following day that it’s bacterial infection so I was on oral antibiotics and had one insert via V. Now no more discharge.

Read more

that time i was having brownish discharge and went to kkh under the delivery suite, cause i was 31 weeks pregnant. the doctor wanted to do the vaginal swab on me but he saw like cottage cheese kind of discharge and say its yeast infection, can save on money. i heard the swab is $150.