feeding baby

Anyone will standby milk bottle n formula to feed baby during the stay in hospital ? As i heard some nurses may ignore u when you ask for fm for feeding baby. Dont wish to stress myself if no milk kicks in yet. Gg for a c sect btw so will stay 3 days 2 night at hospital.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Usually hospitals will provide formula to supplement if you are OK with it! I didn't have milk for the first 2 days and they asked if its okay for them to feed baby formula while I continue to latch every 3 hours to trigger the milk flow. But if you have a brand preference for formula then maybe you should pack cause e.g for mount A they only have similac.

Read more
VIP Member

Usually the breastfeeding friendly hospital will only introduce formular, if baby or mother having medical problem . But if youre the one who want it, then only they will feed ur baby..

VIP Member

I remember that time when I gave birth, the nurse did ask whether is it OK to feed formula if I do not have breastmilk yet. I stayed kkh, they feeding nestle lactogen brand.

TapFluencer

Hospital will feed baby if mummies are resting Of course they will ask if you are OK to feed baby formula beforehand

they encouraged me to breastfeed

Hospitals will provide if u ask