Can anyone share their tried-tested ways to entertain baby. What kind of songs, actions, toys, furniture or gadgets do you use?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I am a mom of 4 boys and never had any help and I had to cook and clean the house all by myself. So the best way to keep my baby entertained was give him a bowl and spoon to bang on or a empty cup and plate...believe me it has worked for me. At times I would put on a dvd of Barney and Friends or Mickey Mouse Club house and allow my baby to watch. Best of all I entertain my baby by singing nursery rhymes and short stories and a baby's brain is like a sponge they grasp very soon. My youngest baby is now 2.5 years and can say numbers till 20, his alphabets from A-Z and knows to say short rhymes too. And yes he is still not going to school.

Read more

Sing and dance with baby, I'm a clown to my boy! Don't really have to use gadget .. But if u want can use empty container and put some green beans in and make some shakers .. Else just put baby sitter on ur laps and bounce them up n down they love it

Singing, mirrors worked amazingly, pre schoolers love everything they are not suppose to touch. So i did a lot of outdoors with him. As for toys, ill go with duplo, it encourages imaginative skills and i like it. My boy loves it too.

Good ol singing! When at home, can do action songs to engage them. Singing can also allow parents to multi-task, such as when driving, cooking, doing laundry, and dishes etc.

just play with your baby make funny sound make funny faces any song also can they just want to hear your voice

Read more

Infant swimming classes, i clown a lot with baby and dance to silly music and songs. :)

My son really liked cars and exersaucers.