Annual Leave & MC

Hello, Anyone knows when MC is used up, can employer force us to take AL? Or will it become unpaid leave? Ever since I got pregnant, my immune system has been very low. I’ve gotten stomach flu twice and a sore throat as well. Including my visits to the doctors, I only left 1 day for this year. I still have prenatal check up in end Oct, Nov and Dec. so I need minimum another 3 days. I don’t really want to touch my AL as I plan to use it to go on maternity leave earlier next year.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If don't want to touch annual leave so the next alternative would be to take unpaid leaves. But, can ur company allow u to take unpaid leave? If cannot then will be more MC or HL already.

2y ago

My MC only left 1 day. I still have at least 3 more days of prenatal visit. Detailed scan - no MC (will be using AL). Just don’t really want to touch my AL….

You can use AL/PH or off days to cover for your check up days. If you have no more MC and you dont wish to touch the AL/PH then UPL if you and employer agreed on taking it.

VIP Member

Depends on company. Some company allow you to go for regular checkup without any mc/leave as long as u come to work half day. Some will asked u to take annual leave.

you can request HL FROM YOUR oB! I asked for 2 weeks previously as my back aches was severe :)

2y ago

Same. Whenever I voice out my concerns, they always say it’s normal with pregnancy.

use HL, most of the dr can issue HL eventhough no hospitalisation needed.

AL or NPL