Anyone hired maid directly on your own without agent or got help from agent to settle paperwork? Would like to know the procedures and costs involved. TIA!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I brought my helper from overseas. I did all the paperwork by myself. It was quite easy since everything was done online. Just go to the MOM website and apply for a FDW. If you are hiring for the first time, there is an online course which you need to finish before you can hire a helper. You have to pay $30 for the application for a FDW. Once you get the approval, next step will be to apply for the insurance of your FDW. Once the helper comes, you need to send her for a 1-day course. There is one center near Everton Park. After that, bring her for her physical exam. Submit results to MOM. After all of these are done, wait for the schedule for biometrics

Read more

I did but frankly can't really remember the costs. If I don't remember wrongly we did pay for her airfare ($100 plus) as well as the work permit application which was $30 to apply and another $30 when approved. Just need to go to MOM website to do application. http://www.mom.gov.sg/passes-and-permits/work-permit-for-foreign-domestic-worker/apply-for-work-permit After that you would also have to apply for the foreign maid insurance which is about $400 before the maid arrives.

Read more

Yes, but easier if transfer rather than bringing in a new helper. You can print off all the paper work you need online, apply for work permit etc. I don't think there are many costs involved, I think applying for work permit was maybe $30... Can't remember. Need insurance etc but I presume through an agency you'd still need to pay for that anyway!

Read more

thanks