baby keeps waking up and dw to sleep

is anyone facing similar situation whereby baby (1m old) only sleeps when u carry, and wakes up once u put down in the cot? any ways to make baby slp? am avoiding yao lan currently as its risky if baby flips etc.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If u can manage, hold the baby while sleeping. This is crazy tiring but babies are attuned to their mothers they literally need touch and our smell. Its a need and not a manipulation technique ( in case some genius say). Anything else is just risky! like swing, putting pillow on baby for the weight etc. It was mentally crazy and exhausting to just sit and hold baby for hours every day but it beats baby being in distress. If u dont need to cook clean etc i took this route and put baby first haha. Any one else might say stupid ah hold baby for hours and hours, but eleven months later my baby is super stable emotionally, trusting, independently going to sleep without rocking holding (stopped holding around four months actually), just latching n sleeping one to two hour stretches for naps. Also super social and bright because basic needs met and trust established. Check out Maslow's hierarchy, and Erik Erikson Psycosocial dev. It all starts from infancy ☺️ Its okay its tiring n sucky now but baby needs u. Hang in there!!!!

Read more

That's normal. The first month is definitely crazy. Almost no sleep and baby is clinging on to u 24/7. My firstborn would cry so much and worse he hated the swaddle so i was glued to the bed all the time. My 2nd baby now 2 months not as bad but will still cry when put down. But now tt she's 2 months, she can sleep longer. I'll always breastfeed her to sleep and let her latch till I see she's in deep sleep. How to know? When you put up baby's hand he/she won't stir or wake up. Make sure u have him/her swaddled first before latching. After that, I'd put baby slowly down, butt first. I also realised that she can slp longer when I put her in the cocoon nest in her cot. Without it, she would easily startle and wake up faster.

Read more

I totally feel you ;) But I can assure you that this phase will pass, mine outgrew it by around 3 months. I remember co-sleeping with her for about a month during that period, every time she woke up I would pat and hug her, very exhausting I know…Can try to put baby down slowlyyy and gently, bum first. Then put your arms on their body until they stop stirring / moving. If doesn’t work then you can consider co sleeping. Hang in there mama!

Read more
5mo ago

Mine 2 months then ok! you can do it mama!

U can try to let your baby sleep on anti reflux pillow.Sometimes sleep at a different place and she will be alright Or try to let your baby sleep on your chest then slowly transfer back to cot.

Yesss always like that. What i did was to always swaddle baby, on white noise, close door & window if its noisy outside

TapFluencer

*haiz... one of the reasons y cot became obsolete for my LOs