Anyone experience hand numbness during week 31 pregnancy?

Anyone experience such symptons?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s called carpal tunnel syndrome and very common in pregnancies. Do a lot of stretches for your arm, don’t sleep on it, google more on carpal tunnel syndrome and how to relieve it. I had it during my pregnancy with my firstborn, was so bad I felt like chopping off my arm. Lol. Now at 23 weeks for 2nd pregnancy and starting to feel some numbness again. I had pre-eclampsia post-delivery for firstborn. So keep a lookout for that as well. Take care, don’t lift heavy stuffs and rest more Mummy. ❤️

Read more
2y ago

congrats mummy! thanks for sharing...appreciate your advice! my hands feel alot better now..because moving around. you too have a good rest 😄

you might want to ask your gynae to check for preeclampsia. it could be a symptom, but it could also be the nerves being pressed on..

2y ago

thanks for the advice! anyone done any test to check for preeclampsia? my blood pressure during last visit is ok.

Most probably due to certain nerves being pressed. You can try moving around and switching positions and see if it goes away.

2y ago

thanks for sharing! i hope it could be the nerves being pressed on instead of any major complication

I had the same issue. condition improved greatly after pre natal massage

2y ago

thanks for sharing!