BLOCKED NOSE - RHINITIS

Anyone else having Rhinitis? Im 31 weeks and I have trouble sleeping especially with Rhinitis. 😭😭😭#pleasehelp

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yeah I got it around 13 weeks pregnant. Best is to keep environment dust mite free as possible, although that doesn’t necessarily cure the rhinitis. If it still doesn’t go away and affects your mood and sleep then best is to consult GP for medication? Just have to inform them you’re pregnant so they will give you safe medicine to take. My rhinitis went away within 2 days on both occasions when I got them. Opening windows and letting sunlight in for a while does help too to ventilate fresh air.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you. i really need it right now. everything seems not right. 😭

i got nasonex from my gynae which is a nasal spray, but also if is especially bad i take chlorpheniramine from my GP which makes you drowsy, as there were times its so bad i dont sleep properly for days. more importantly is we cut down on sleeping in aircon or middle of the night i will transition to fan after the room has cooled

Read more
Super Mum

Hey mama, This is absolutely normal. Thought this might be a good read: https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/family-resources-education/family-resources-library/pregnancy-rhinitis-relief-for-ongoing-nasal-congestion-is-possible You could also try to use some essential oils like eucalyptus and mint :)

Read more
2y ago

sure. does the med helps?

VIP Member

it's normal, you might want to check with your gynae if there is any medication to help