Any idea what is provided by Mt Alvernia hospital upon discharge? Trying to pack my hospital bag now thinking what to exclude from my own bag to prevent bringing extra stuff.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sharing my hospital bag checklist. I delivered at Mt Alvernia last year. Mt Alvernia do provide maternity pads and toiletries (Toothpaste, Toothbrush, face towel, shampoo, soap and comb) but if you want to bring your own also can. For the Mother-To-Be: (It is advisable to pack what you need 1 month before your expected delivery) *Night dress with front opening for breastfeeding *Bras (Larger than normal size) *Socks (to be used in delivery suite) *ipad / laptop / magazines / book (for entertainment) - dont't forget all the charger * Disposable undies * Nursing bra * Spectacles * hairband or hair clips *Homecoming clothes (button-front maternity top) *handphone and charger * digicam * Marriage certificate For New Born *2 pairs of mittens (1 set mittens and 1 set booties will do) *A set of baby's clothing to be used during discharge *welcome blanket (swaddle wrap) For Father-To-Be Bring along a sweater, as the Delivery Suite may be a little cold. *Water-bottle / coins for vending machine drinks

Read more
VIP Member

Hospital will provide one pack of maternity pads. You need to bring your own slippers, disposable underwear and nursing bra. For baby bring mittens and booties for them to wear while in nursery. They provide the clothes and swaddle for when baby is staying there. For going home you have to bring one set of your own. Don't forget to pack your charger for phone and camera are essential too.

Read more

Adding on to the above, I heard Mt A used to not provide hospital gown, but when I delivered in Mar, I was provided with that and they change everyday. Also, take note that they no longer allow you to use your own breast pump to pump and feed the baby. Have to either breastfeed, rent their pump at $60 or hand express into a $2.80 one-time disposable bottle

Read more