Am I the only one in Singapore who thinks preschooling in Singapore is ridiculously expensive??!!

42 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well i couldnt agree more on all the comments below. But to certain extend i think govt is giving the best they could to accomodate to all. Well those who did not get any subsidies for their lo presch nor childcare, im sorry. Maybe you could appeal. Well rest assured our govt are always giving us the best thus of course its expensive..

Read more

If it's just kindergarten (not childcare), there are affordable ones around. I managed to sign up my toddler for A Christian kindy For $900 a term of 10 weeks. And it's reputable and has good curriculum. What a relief for me! I did look into atas ones like Mindchamps but it's too expensive and not worth it.

Read more

Yes. It is very expensive especially if it is under private preschool, easily exceed $1k per month before subsidy. The additional fees like excursion, festive celebrations, concert costumes and tickets and school bus etc. are normally not included in the school fees.

Yes it is but most of us have no choice. Not so lucky to have parents/in-laws to care for our children. It also isnt easy to raise a child with only 1 income so we have to earn money to spend more money to send our kids to preschool :)

Nope. I think you will find that we all struggle with preschool fee. But have you checked out if you eligible for any of the subsidies: https://www.childcarelink.gov.sg/ccls/home/CCLS_HomeParentsSubsidies.jsp

Yes sad but true. Esp for families struggling to make ends meet and have multiple kids close in age. Expenses will double or triple so it can be tough....

You are not alone but most of us do not have the luxury of grandparents to take care of our children so preschool it is :( As early as 3 months for my child.

5y ago

Same here. As early as 4 months old :(

VIP Member

Yes it's very expensive. Especially without subsidy and have more than one kid. Infant is about 2K and child care about 1.5K.

VIP Member

Yes schooling in singapore is expensive but for some parents the income range,you can get susidy from government