Fresh Sushi Sashimi

Hi, is it alright to consume freshly cut sashimi when you just entered 2nd Trimester ? Just a bit.

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I ate! My mother in law was jap. And she kept insisting that nothing happen, and whenever she comes over, she will prepare raw fish. She told me in Japan everyone also eat 😟 wanted to not eat but later she not happy 😪

VIP Member

I had sashimi all the time throughout my entire pregnancy. Baby turn out healthy as a bee. That said my gynae did give the green light and said as long as it’s from clean sources it’s fine.

4y ago

Hi peggy! Can i know some of the places u went? Is chain outlet like sushi tei okay? Tyia

TapFluencer

No. Sashimi is raw fish and raw food and pregnancy don’t mix. Why subject yourself to the possibility of food poisoning when you are carrying a child? Better be safe than sorry right?

VIP Member

It’s not advisable as u will never be sure of the food handling hygiene practice in restaurant so there is still a risk of salmonella or other bacterial infection in the cut sashimi.

VIP Member

I had raw salmon sashimi a few times .. personally i think it's ok but only occasionally.. i really cut my intake by a lot.

Really, it's best to avoid this. And just imagine how great it will taste later when you finally get to eat it! 😁

Super Mum

Have to be fresh. I didn’t eat raw food in case not fresh and got contamination.

No raw food! Esp sashimi.. Didnt take any during pregnancy, don't dare man

I wouldn't risk it. Hang in there! You can have it after birth 😊

Is fine for me. I've been eating throughout and no issue