When to buy breast pump?

Is it advisable to buy breast pump in advance (while you are still in second trimester)? I thought of using the year end promo sales to buy it. But one elder adviced against it saying it depends on how much milk I will be having. If too less then breast pump is not needed. How long will we be breastfeeding usually? Btw I'm not working currently. Will be getting back to work force after the baby is 5-6 months. So for SAHM is breast pump needed? Sorry if this sounds dumb. I'm a first trimer.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Okay - I usually buy my breast pump before delivery. I like to get used to it. I actually pumped prior to delivery like, a couple of weeks before my EDD - not full pumping sessions but to get used to the suction and the cups and introduce my body to it. I haven’t read any research behind this but it worked for me. And I dont like rushing out to buy a breast pump once baby’s here because really, I just need wanted to spend time on other things like recovery and baby :)

Read more
3y ago

Thanks! You have a good point too. But one of my concerns is if it's a must to have breast pump. I was thinking so until I posted this 😀