Is this advisable for 6mo? As in is it high in sugar content and preservatives?

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will refrain from giving a 6mth old pre packaged food as the sugar contents is high and like you mentioned there is preservatives and we are unsure of the sources of the ingredients. If you want something fast to prepare it will be better to stick to instant rice cereal. You can get organic ones from brands like Bellamy's , HiPP or Hollie. These brands can be found at the organic section of Fairprice. You just have to add breast milk or FM to the rice powder. But I will really suggest letting your baby try natural foods like avocados, sweet potatoes, bananas or carrots for a start. Just steam and purée them. It is never good to start baby off on something that is too sweet because their Taste buds may get so used to the sweetness they will reject bland food next time

Read more
8y ago

agree! i alr started my lo on natural food purees like those you suggested but i saw people feeding these jar food outside too so wondering if its really advisable..are there also organic jar foods in the market? im gg travelling w my lo soon and wont be able to make puree. of cos i can just feed milk too. :)