When did you mummies announce ur pregnancy to everyone? (especially those not in your inner circle)

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I shared the news with both side of our parents immediately when we tested positive at week 4. Thereafter, around wk 5, I shared with my direct supervisor and a colleague who works closely with me so that I dont have to carry heavy stuff at an event. At end of trim 1, I shared with all my colleagues as it’ll be helpful in their understanding for my frequent medical appointments and checkups. It helped because they were super helpful and were literally taking care of me. For close friends, I’d share as and when I see them. But those that aren’t too close but might meet in groups, I didn’t specifically announce. Just went for meals and they eventually saw my more and more obvious belly. Am currently in wk 17, and did not announce on social media either. Dont exactly have an intention to do so, but I dont know, I might at a later point.

Read more

Told our parents when I was 3 months pregnant. Told my 3 close friends and relatives when I was about 6-7 months pregnant. Another friend after I gave birth. It was nerve-wrecking to tell her cause she’s been trying for years. Didn’t want to hurt her feelings. That’s about it. Social media? I completely removed myself off from social media after I got married for a more private life and it was the best decision ever. Super terrified of my baby’s photo circulating online without my permission and end up in some sick and disgusting peadophile website.

Read more

My own parents (7 weeks/immediately after I did my PT) cause I needed my mum to guide me on what to do next. I didn’t specially informed my pil. Close friend - I didn’t meet anyone thru out my entire pregnancy so I only told them when my baby is out. Normal friend/social media - didn’t announce unless bump into each other.

Read more
2y ago

For my case, I prefer to do all the gatherings or meetups when my baby is older. Everytime I go out, I have to bring so many things, plan my pump time, sticking to my pump schedule while I’m outside and I am already so exhausted taking care of my baby that I have no interest to shop (I just need my bed.) 😂 Thankfully for my family and close friends, they understood me and would often offer to either do a quick lunch and catch up near my area or just order delivery over to my place while we catch up. (baby gets to sleep as long as she wants too)

Both sides of parents: after testing positive on pregnancy test kits (tested 5 times 😂) Close friends: a few days before first scan. Social media: the day of first scan. Photo of my baby… Both sides of parents and immediate families: on the day of birth. Close friends: 2 weeks after birth. Social media: after confinement period.

Read more

Told my hubs, mum, mil and godma when I was 7 weeks Told my fil and bil when I was 13 weeks My mil announced to my whole in-law side when I was 17 weeks As for my close friends, only those who is dear in my heart I started telling them 1-by-1 since week 15 onwards. And I’m currently in week 18.

Read more

didn't really announce it openly on social media. I announced to my friends and all when I meet them in person after the first trimester. I think most people openly announce after the first trimester at least. :)

TapFluencer

Shared good news to both parents after getting gender review. Sharing to friends only when he or she notices or very close friends.

parents at week 11 when i found out.. parents in law a month later close friends at 2nd month soc med - when doing gender reveal

Read more

Told parents & in laws at 15+ weeks after we got gender result. Planning to tell friends 1 month before due date.

told parents during week 5, in-laws week 9.. close friends week 9 as well rest after week 12